Individual Tax

What Is Income Tax Return And Tax Refund?

U.S. taxpayers must file their tax return to report the income and deductions with the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities before April 15 each year. The tax return forms are the documents that you submit each year outlining your income, expenses, investments, and other tax-related information.

A tax refund is what you get when you pay more taxes to the federal or state government than you actually owe. At this time, the tax department will refund you the amount of tax you do not have to pay. There are many factors that will affect your actual amount of tax, such as: income amount, family members, children's age, school tuition, loans, local taxes, retirement funds, overseas income and so on. That's why you will need an experienced accountant to help you get the maximum refund.

No Matter Where You Are, Easy 4 Steps To Filing Tax Return

Step 1

Contact us via WeChat, Email, Phone or Fax.

Free & professional CPA support.

Step 2

Send us your tax or any other documents

We take information security very seriously.

Step 3

CPA will finish your tax return in 2 business days

A copy of tax return will be sent to you as an encrypted PDF file.

Step 4

Sign e-file authorization form (or use e-signature)

After paying by credit card or check, your tax return will be e-filed.

Professional CPA 1 To 1 Support With Affordable Price


  • Federal + 1 State Filing

  • Included:

  •  1 W2 Income or

  •  1 1099 NEC Without Expense

  •  2 Bank Interest 1099 forms

  •  Unlimited CPA Support

Deluxe -1040NR

  • Federal + 1 state filing

  • Included:

  •  Treaty Exemption for International Student

  •  1 W2 Income or 1099 NEC Without Expense

  •  2 Bank Interest 1099 forms

  •  1 Stock Trading 1099-B

  •  Unlimited CPA Support

Deluxe - MFJ

  • Federal + 1 State Filing

  • Included:

  •  2 W2 Income or 1099 NEC Without Expense

  •  Bank Interest 1099 Form

  •  1 Stock Trading 1099-B form

  •  Itemized Deduction

  •  Maximize Tax Deductions and Credits

  •  Child & Dependent Care

  •  Real Estate Taxes

  •  Student Loan Interest

  •  Education Contribution

  •  Unlimited CPA Support

Premier - Self-Employed

  • Federal + 1 State Filing

  • Included:

  •  Everything in Deluxe - MFJ

  •  Freelance Income

  •  Business and Farm Income

  •  Tax Optimization

  •  Maximize Tax Deductions and Credits

  •  Unlimited CPA Support

U.S. Citizen & Resident Filing Tax Return


The U.S. tax filing period are from January 1 to April 15 each year (Tax Season). During this period, all taxpayers are required to report their yearly income or deductions to the I.R.S. & State Tax Departments before the deadline. All citizens & residents who meet the tax filing requirements are obliged to file their tax return. If they fail to do so before the due date, they will face the fine or penalty from the tax departments, or, civil and criminal penalties.

Although the immigration laws of the U.S. refer to aliens as immigrants, nonimmigrants, and illegal aliens, the tax laws of the U.S. refer only to Resident and Nonresident Aliens (described separately below). They are using two different forms to filing the tax return. If you are an alien (not a U.S. citizen), you are considered a nonresident alien, unless you meet one of two tests for the calendar year (1/1 - 12/31). 1. You are admitted to the U.S. as, or change your status to, a Lawful Permanent Resident under the immigration laws (the Green Card Test), or 2. You meet the Substantial Presence Test.

To meet the substantial presence test for the calendar year, you must be physically present in the U.S. on at least: 31 days during the current year, and 183 days during the 3-year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before that,

Substantial presence test counting: All the days you were present in the current year, and 1/3 of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and 1/6 of the days your were present in the second year before the current year.

International Students Tax, Nonresident Aliens Tax

If you are not a U.S. citizen, and not passed the green card test or the substantial presence test, you are a nonresident alien, and only the incomes from U.S. need to report. Please note if you were a nonresident alien student, teacher, or trainee who was temporarily present in the United States on an "F,""J,""M," or "Q" visa, you are considered engaged in a trade or business in the United States. You must file Form 1040-NR only if you have income that is subject to tax, such as wages, tips, scholarship and fellowship grants etc.

International students & nonresident aliens need to file Form 1040-NR if they have income that is subject to tax. If there is no income during the year, Form 8843 must filed to the I.R.S. whether or not you earned income or will need to file a tax return.

Most international students & nonresident aliens do not need to pay FICA Tax (Social Security Tax & Medicaid Tax). Many employers mistakenly withholding the FICA taxes. If you find that you have been charged for FICA taxes, we can help you to get them refund back.

Filing your U.S. tax return on-time is also good for future transfer of immigration status.


ITIN Application

个人报税号码 ITIN

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the IRS. It is for individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security number (SSN). ITIN allows you to file the tax return, get tax refund, and may allow you to open a bank account.

Documents Required For ITIN Application

  • A Complete IRS Form W-7

  • IRS Form 1040-NR

  • Your Passport or Two of the Following

  • National Identification Document

  • U.S. Driver’s License

  • Foreign Driver’s License

  • Birth Certificate

  • U.S. State I.D.

  • Foreign Voter’s

  • Registration Card

  • Visa Issued by the U.S. Department of State

  • U.S. Military ID Card

  • Foreign Military ID Card

  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Photo I.D.

  • Medical (for dependents under age 6 only)

  • School Records (for dependents who are students under age 18 only)

Gift Tax, Estate Tax, Foreign Gifts & Bequests, Foreign Financial Assets

How to pass on the property to the next generation has become a topic of concern for many high-income individuals.

Gift Tax:
Whether gift tax should be reported and paid to the IRS depends on four factors: the status of the giver, the status of the recipient, the type of property and the country in which the property is located. There are annual allowances and lifetime allowances for gift taxes. A lifetime allowance is used when the amount of the gift exceeds the annual allowance but you do not want to pay tax.

  • Gifts to the spouse are tax free and the annual allowance is unlimited.

  • Gifts to non-spouse recipients, the annual allowance is $15,000 and the life time allowance is $11.58 million.

Estate Tax:

The Estate Tax is a tax on your right to transfer property at your death. If the total value of the estate exceeds the life allowance, estate tax is payable. Some states also have estate tax.

The global assets of U.S. citizens and residents are counted. If you are a U.S. citizen or green card holder, no matter which country you're living, you will be subject to the U.S. estate tax when transferring property to someone else. The estate tax exemption amount is $11.58 million, and $23.16 million for couple in year 2020.


Foreign Gifts & Bequests:

In general, a foreign gift or bequest is any amount received from a person other than a U.S. person (a foreign person) that the recipient treats as a gift or bequest and excludes from gross income. A foreign gift does not include amounts paid for qualified tuition or medical payments made on behalf of the U.S. person. For gifts or bequests from a nonresident alien or foreign estate, you are required to report the receipt of such gifts or bequests only if the aggregate amount received from that nonresident alien or foreign estate exceeds $100,000 during the taxable year. If the gifts or bequests exceed $100,000, you must separately identify each gift in excess of $5,000.

Foreign Bank & Financial Assets Report:

U.S. citizens and residents (including tax residents) who hold foreign bank accounts, foreign investment accounts, foreign mutual funds, or trustees of foreign investment trusts should consider whether they must file Form 8938 and FBAR. Please check the detailed declaration conditions of these two atIRS Website.国税局页面

U.S. persons, which include U.S. citizens, resident aliens, trusts, estates, and domestic entities that have an interest in foreign financial accounts and meet the reporting threshold which is aggregate value of financial accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year have to report FBAR.